Taso Foundation is an independent women’s fund, which, in years 1998-2006 operated as the Women’s Program of Open Society – Georgia Foundation. Since 2007, TF has functioned as independent women’s fund, a philanthropic organisation with a mission empower women, and foster Human Rights, Social Justice and Peace in Georgia.
Since its establishment as a philanthropic organization, it has supported more than 381 projects of women’s NGOs, initiative groups and female activists.
- Social mobilisation of internally displaced, conflict affected and ethnic minority women in rural Georgia: capacity building, grant-giving for WHRs, social activism and economic empowerment, advocacy and networking (since 2010); sharing the methodology, knowledge and experience to civil society organisations of Georgia and internationally;
- Philanthropy for Social Justice and Peace: public awareness on social justice and peace philanthropy, grant-giving for youth groups of volunteers in rural communities, drafting and promoting the Law of Georgia on Philanthropy, Charity and Social Partnership (submitted to Parliament of Georgia in years 2013, 2014 and 2016), documentary on essence of philanthropy and publication (since 2011);
- Community Philanthropy partnership program with Community Foundations: grant-giving for institutional development and philanthropic activism of community foundations, daughter organizations of TF active in rural Georgia; continuous capacity building and networking (since 2013);
- Economic Strengthening and Civil Participation of Rural Women; supporting women-led agricultural cooperatives: capacity building and grant-giving (in years 2004-2015);
- Memory Research Center: resource center with library and text, photo and video archives; preserving women’s histories (since 2001);
- Publishing, including two series of publications – Women’s Memory (12 publications since 2004) and Feminist Library (4 publications since 2007);
- Documentaries on issues of WHRs and Equality: Grant-giving (since 2000); video documenting and documentary making (since 2006).
TF participates in different international networks, most actively – in Foundations for Peace Network and PROSPERA (international network of women’s funds).