Group of Environmental Support (WALIA) exists to promote sustainable development and equity in Mali. WALIA's work includes mediationg in and preventing conflicts, peace education, training activities and research.
- Supervising 11 villages in the context of the implementation of projects tackling poverty.
- Providing training in skills around environmental issues and conflict management.
- Supporting 28 radio stations broadcasting programming on environmental, issues, health work and conflict management.
- Capacity building of other organisations to help them better understand environmental issues, education, conflict management and community organisation.
- Produced tools for environmental communication, prevention and management of conflicts.
- Ongoing project education/communication for sustainable management of the forest, and prevention and management of conflicts.
- Transitional justice projects
In February 2015, WALIA took part in a civil society exchange day with the UN Peacekeeping Mission in Mali, MINUSMA.