Youth Decides was created in the streets. Activists who had participated in many demonstrations in Tunisia decided to organise their work within a solid structure. They initially created the organisation as a think-tank in 2013.
WeCode Land advocates placing youth in the positions of decision making, and uses technology to help integrate young people in political and economic life. WeCode Land considers young people to be key decision makers in Tunisia - whether in a positive or negative way - and so pushes them to be positive contributors.
Its main activities include:
- Working with the Legislation Council.
- Supporting the integration of young people into Tunisian politics, economics and culture.
- Minimising the exclusion of young Tunisians by creating alternatives for exclusion.
- Creating and developing a ‘Peace for Change Makers’ network.
For every symptom of exclusion, the organisation develops a solution or integration programme. It therefore has many projects:
- An economic project using technology to come up with solutions for Tunisia’s economic problems.
- A digital academy, wecode.tn, that enables every person to use their laptop and internet to earn money. WeCode Land provides online and offline training, following and supporting the development of participants.
- Using phone applications to monitor legislative elections.
Read more about WeCode Land on: