Youth without Borders Organization for Development (YWBOD) is a non-governmental, non-profit civil society organisation working on building the capacities of youth and empowering them to play significant and effective roles to bring about positive change. It started its work as a non-official youth initiative in 2011, then it was officially licensed by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour.
Developing and enhancing the role of youth everyday life to bring about a positive change for their future and for the country as a whole.
- To connect youth with lands for sustainable development
- To build youth's capacities and empower them to play an effective role in the community.
- To engage youth in the developmental process in Yemen.
- To monitor and document youth-related issues.
- To deliver youth voices to the decision-makers and relevant stakeholders.
Programmes and Activities:
- Training and building the capacities of young people to empower them to play effective roles in the political, social, economic and cultural life.
- Establishing cooperation and experience-exchanging relationships with local and international partners, to provide young people with opportunities to gain experience in scientific, social, economic and cultural work.
- Establishing voluntary youth networks to enhance the development process in the community.
- Conducting research and studies concerned with youth issues in order to develop statistical information.
- Providing youth with opportunities to participate in the development and decision-making processes.
- Adopting youth initiatives and voluntary groups to empower and engage them in the development process.
YWBOD started its activities in 2012 as a youth initiative, implementing a number of voluntary activities and awareness raising campaigns. Since its official registration, it has implemented the following activities and projects:
- Youth Leadership Project - self-funded and in partnership with Youth Development Organization.
- Observing the Rule of Law Violations Project - partially funded by USIP and in partnership with Youth Development Organization.
- Connecting Youth with State and Endowment Lands for Economic Empowerment - funded by the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) and UN-Habitat Urban Youth Fund, and implemented in partnership with Youth Development Organization (YDO).
- Self-dependent Youth - funded by the Canadian Fund For Local Initiatives (CLFI).
- Youth and Yemen’s National Dialogue Outcomes: Agents for change at a local level - funded by the European Union and implemented in partnership with Saferwrold Organization.
- Civil Voices Project - funded by the Canadian Fund for Local Initiatives (CLFI) and in partnership with Adwar Organization for Youth Development.
- Small-projects for Youth and Women Project - funded by the Canadian Fund for Local Initiatives (CLFI) and in partnership with Siraj Organization for Development