Contact this organisation
The Ecumenical Bishops Forum/Philippine Ecumenical Peace Platform (PEPP) is the largest ecumenical peace movement of Church leaders in the Philippines. It is composed of Church leaders from five member federations:
- Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines
- National Council of Churches in the Philippines
- Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches
- Ecumenical Bishops Forum
- The Association of Major Religious Superiors Men and Women in the Philippines
Challenging the stalled peace process of the Government of the Philippines and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines, Church leaders convened the Philippine Ecumenical Peace Platform, encouraging the conflicting parties to resume formal peace talks and to comply with their obligations under previous agreements to address the root causes of the armed conflict.
PEPP was officially organised in 2007 through the support of the Norwegian Ecumenical Peace Platform. PEPP activities include:
- Peace Fora
- Regional workshops on the Comprehensive Agreement on Social and Economic Reforms
- Training of Trainerr via PEPP's own Peace Module
- Networking and alliances-building at local and regional levels.
Its local partners include:
- Citizens Alliance for Just Peace
- Sulong Carhrihl
- Pilgrims for Peace and Waging Peace.
PEPP also works with other peace groups, such as Sowing the Seeds of Peace in Mindanao and Inpeace Mindanao. It also works in partnerships with the different dioceses of the Roman Catholic C, as well as other Church-related organisations.
PEPP has been featured in the news several times. Click on the links below for more details of its work:facebook.
Last updated: March 2015