Bangladesh Rural Improvement Foundation was officially created in 1988. Over the past 19 years of operation, BRIF has evolved into a quite influential organization in the Northern Part of the Bangladesh. BRIF aims to establish human rights, equal dignity and quality of life and livelihoods of all segments of people especially for the poor vulnerable through introducing and implementing innovative and community consultative multi dimensional approaches, community based institution building, making congenial society and affordable capacity for poor vulnerable by means of providing pragmatic and procedural assistance, networking, allies and oversight.
BRIF avows to create a gender friendly society where equal opportunity will be available for both men and women to advance. BRIF respects solidarity for greater interest of poorer class and determined to follow participatory and integrated approach of development. BRIF believes that with good governance in practice, equal dignity can ensured.
- “Upazila Model of School Improvement Program in Khansama” is comprised of package of provocation and facilitation of child centered and child friendly teaching and learning environment within family, classroom and out of class room/school so that child development can be achieved up to all of ours cherished desired of gaining high calibers child adorned with standard level of emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, physical and psychological development that boost up quality education, education for all and envisage towards presenting educated nation.
- Monga Mitigation Project (MMP) II with a goal to enable Three thousand families affected by Monga in Nilphamari district of Bangladesh to attain food security by participating in new, sustainable agriculture activities.
- Healthy Village Center: To provide general health care and treatment services to the community.
- BRIF Education Fund: To Provide financial support to continue higher education for the poor meritorious students
- Hazardous Child Labor Reduction Movement (HCLRM) Project: Goal: Social mobilization and awareness building on gradually elimination of hazardous child labor from the working area.
- Gender Development and Free Legal Aid Services Project: Provide legal aid support to victimized women and awareness creation for gender sensitization through networking.
- Promoting Rights and Access to Inclusive Education for Children with Disabilities (CWD). Goal: The provision of universal primary education in Bangladesh.
- Disability Rehabilitation Initiatives project: Goal: Improving quality of life and livelihoods of disable people through networking and affording stressing need based support services
- Climate Change & Disaster Adaptation: Goal: Provide legal aid support to victimized women and awareness creation for gender sensitization through networking.
- Safe Water & Sanitation: Goal: Provide legal aid support to victimized women and awareness creation for gender sensitization through networking.