Dialogue and Research Initiative (DRI) promotes citizenship and democracy as a way to ensure peace in South Sudan. Through research and advocacy on a range of issues - such as gender equality, transitional justice, and democratic participation - DRI hopes to strengthen democracy, encourage accountability and promote active citizenship in the county.
Key themes of DRI's work include:
- Promoting gender equality as a tool for stability and development.
- Ensuring the voice of the grassroots is heard at all levels of government.
- Empowering people to hold institutions to account.
- Promoting the role of peacebuilding at all levels of policy making.
- Field and desk research looking at the key drivers of poverty and conflict, and ways to secure peace.
On 13 July 2015, DRI partnered with the UNDP to facilitate a public debate on accountability and Security Sector Reform in South Sudan. A report from the event can be read here.