OCEAN is working for through advocacy, capacity building, research, and consultancy services to help secure peace and sustainable development in Nigeria.
OCEAN is working for through Advocacy, Capacity Building, Research, and consultancy Services and strategic alliances for empowerment of men and women , communities and institutions for sustainable development.
OCEAN was established in 2005 and we have been working to provide succour and social development and support to young men and women. OCEAN’s activities are people oriented especially for women and are channelled to promote sustainable livelihoods, peace and development.
- Fight Against Hate Speech (FAS) Campaign we worked with over 500 young people in Nassarawa state to curtail hate speech and violence with support from Nexus Fund.
- We have also supported and trained 500 IDPs in Riyom on issues of hygiene and sanitation as well as distributed food and non-food items to the IDPs with funding support from Amplifychange UK 2016-2017.
- We have also trained about 100 women political leaders and some have won elections and some have been appointed into political offices in the state 2012. The overall Objective is to contribute to gender equality in the democratic governance through promotion of increased political participation and representation of women in politics and decision making at all levels.
- To be a leading centre for promoting innovative trends, which will foster a functioning connected community capable of providing essential capacity building services for addressing community developmental needs.
- To build the capacity of 60 women politicians across the 3 senatorial districts of Plateau State on leadership and political education.
- To appeal to key stakeholders in Plateau state to support women vying for political offices at all level.
- To broaden the knowledge of at least 1,000 people in the 3 senatorial districts of Plateau state on women’s political rights.
- Increased women’s political representation and participation in politics and decision-making at all levels of governance.
- Increased recognition of gender equity within families, societies, traditional, religious and political institutions.
- Capacity of women politicians strengthened/enhanced to compete favourably with their male counterparts at all levels.
- Women’s coalitions in the project state strengthened to make impact on party decisions, women’s election and political appointment of government officials.
- United Nations Habitat Water for African Cities WAC II ‘Sanitation fund for Revolving Micro Credit Loan
- We have conducted an assessment of the SDGs on Gender, Water and Sanitation in 10 LG.As of Plateau State as part of the shadow report Nigeria team for the SDGs, #Women2030 project. We have also trained 20 NGOs on Gender, Water and Sanitation and the SDGs 2017-2018.
Partners and Donors
- Consultant to European Union Water Supply & Sanitation Urban Sector Reform Programme Phase Three (WSSSRP III) in Collaboration with Plateau Ministry of Water Resources & Energy 2017-2019.
- Consultant to Gender and Water Alliance Netherlands GWA since 2008.
- Member Community of Practice Wash USAID Urban Reforms Project.
- Nexus Fund (Now Peace Direct)
- European Union Delegation Nigeria
- AmplifyChange UK
- A Single Drop USA