Synergie en Faveur des Jeunes de Centrafrique (SYFAJECA, English: Synergy for Young People in Central Africa) is a young people's organisation that contributes to youth entrepreneurship projects in the Central African Republic. It focuses on economic, social and environmental development. SYFAJECA is a joint Christian and Muslim organisation.
SYFAJECA have identified that a lack of employment opportunities is a key driver of conflict for young people in Bangui. For this reason their work offers support and opportunities for young people to receive education and opportunities for economic empowerment.
Its goals are to:
- Promote youth economic and social development.
- Lower youth unemployment.
- Train young people in business development and management
- Provide access to micro-credit.
- Promote educational and social values.
- SYFAJECA has succeeded in raising funds to organise proper street lighting in four main streets, reducing crime and improving community cohesion. SYFAJECA recognised that crime was a major source of violence in Bangui, alongside political violence.
- Micro credit loans: the organisation has provided 25 different micro-credit loans, of 25,000 FCFA per person, to small business projects.
- Christmas for children: in the same area, the organisation organised a Christmas party for more than 30 children who otherwise would not have been able to celebrate the festival.