Union de Volontaire pour le Développement Sociaux-Economique au Vulnérable, based in Beni Territory, North Kivu, DR Congo, was created in November 2015 with a mission to ensure socio-economic integration through the supervision and support of vulnerable people in order to promote the emergence of self-help for sustainable development.
Mission and vision of the the organisation is:
- to initiate, develop, strengthen and popularize avant-garde ideas on peace, reconciliation, to reconstruction and peaceful coexistence, peaceful conflict resolution of populations living in recurrent crisis zones;
- to bring the vulnerable to discover their capacities/potentialities, their real problems and to propose solutions for their socio-economic self-sufficiency;
- the prevention and peaceful resolution of conflicts; and
- fight against global warming.
UDASEV - DRC has set itself the following objectives:
- Create employment for vulnerable people and support unemployed people through micro activities to encourage their reintegration into active social life;
- Fight against poverty and food insecurity by promoting agriculture and livestock farming;
- Provide humanitarian assistance to vulnerable people;
- Facilitate vulnerable people to take charge of their own socio-economic and cultural life through awareness raising activities and technical supervision;
- Contribute to the qualitative and quantitative development of income-generating activities for the people in their environment;
- Rehabilitate victims of violence on the psychosocial level;
- Promote a healthy environment.