Aweiwot Reflect Circle (AIRC) was started in 2001 with a mission to alleviate poverty. AIRC works to empower vulnerable women, girls, boys and men in the conflict-affected Lango sub-region using REFLECT methodologies.
- To promote peacebuilding through women's land rights.
- To create awareness and reduce domestic violence through REFLECT methodologies.
- To establish peacebuilding committees at the grassroot levels to help mediate conflicts and promote peacebuilding.
- To develop peace education for men and women.
- To support livelihoods through agriculture, food security and commercial seed production.
- Established nine adult REFLECT learning centres with over 480 participants.
- Formed 18 Parish peacebuilding committees in Apire Parish, where interventions have helped address land related conflicts.
- Enabled over 149 women to access their land; 32 have already applied to have their land customarily registered with certificates of ownership.